Tuesday, February 5, 2013

without taking a little trip now and then!

So, some may be wondering where my daily blog posts were over the past week... others probably didn't notice my absence.  That's okay.  Those that matter know where I disappeared too.

I was given one of the rare moments to share some quiet quality time with my spouse.  In the 22 years we've been married, there have been only a few times, where we have been able to get away without our children.

Last week, I joined my husband at the conclusion of a business meeting in Napa Valley.  I flew for the first time by myself and learned I can do it!  I was able to tolerate my flight being delayed for over an hour... reminding myself what awaited at the end of the six hour flight.  Peace and quiet.

When was the last time you traveled?  Do you like to fly or do you prefer to keep your feet firmly planted on the Earth?

Stay tuned for more entries this week to make up for last week's lack of... 
You don't want to miss out on the number of challenges thrown my way the day before my departure!

2 comments:

  1. I do not fly. I do not have my own set of wings. I had to be drugged to get on the plane to go to England and that was 13 years ago.
    Good for you, Amy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very interesting. I guess with all I went through the day before and what was awaiting me in Napa, made the flight seem not so bad. There was turbulence but a good book (THE UGLY DUCHESS by Eloisa James) and exhaustion helped me persevere. :)

    ReplyDelete